Did you know that Veterans can receive care such as chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, and physiotherapy at a Chiropractic Office at no cost to the veteran?
Veteran’s Choice Program
A Veteran can receive care from a community provider, paid for by the Department of Veterans Affairs, through a program known as the Veterans Choice Program (VCP). If the VA clinic is unable to provide care in a timely manner, or if the nearest VA medical facility is too far away from the Veteran, than he or she may be eligible for care through the VCP. To use the VCP, Veterans must receive prior authorization from VA to receive care from a provider that is part of VA’s VCP network of community providers. The authorization is based on specific eligibility requirements and discussions with the Veteran’s VA provider. VA must authorize care that is needed beyond the scope of the first authorization.
Care eligibility is based upon the following requirements:
- VA can’t provide the services the Veteran needs
- VA can’t make an appointment for the Veteran at the nearest VA medical facility within 30 days of the clinically indicated date (the date the Veteran and their VA provider agree should be the next date the Veteran is seen for care)—or, if VA can’t determine this date—the date the Veteran prefers to be seen next
- Veteran lives more than 40 miles (driving distance) from the nearest VA medical facility with a full-time PCP
- Veteran has to travel by air, boat or ferry to get to the nearest VA medical facility
- Veteran faces an excessive burden in traveling to the nearest VA medical facility (such as geographic challenges, environmental factors or a health problem that makes it hard to travel)
If you feel you would benefit from chiropractic treatment,
First, contact your VA primary care provider (PCP) and begin the process of approval.
Second, make an appointment with our helpful office staff and start feeling better!
Get the care you deserve. Talk to a member of our staff for more information.